The time of year is upon us, when we take time out to show the teacher(s) in our lives, just how much we appreciate them and all they do for our children…our future! During the school year, on average a child spend 7+ hours a day with his/her teacher. This is 35 hours+ a week. Once we get our children up, we might have one rushed hour a day before school then maybe (and this is a stretch) we might have three quality hours after school before they go to bed. That is approximately 4 hours a day we have with our children. This is 20 hours during the week from Monday-Friday.
Given all this, it is clear to see the importance of choosing just the right school (because our children spend a lot of time in them) and appreciating the wonderful teachers who give of their time and talent to help prepare our children for the future.
The following are our recommended gift ideas (NOTE: Many are items I received and appreciated 🙂 over the many years in education.)
- Dry Erase Markers
- Sharpie Pens ~All Colors ~Thin, Regular and Poster Tip (a true treasure)
- A camera donated to the classroom is a gift indeed (*I received this one year and it is a gift that still gives back to education!) Kodak Easy Share is cost effective and reliable.
- Colored Printing Paper
- Target Gift Card (most teachers use for classroom anyway)
- Office Depot Gift Card
- Visa, Mastercard or Amex Gift Cards…gives educators the choice to shop at teacher stores, online etc.
- Barnes and Noble Gift Card~ I have not met one teacher in my years in classroom or now working with many, who do not purchase books for their classroom…Given that we sell our academic eBooks at BarnesandNoble.com, we are bias and LOVE this book store!
- An Electric Pencil Sharpener
- An Assortment of Purple, Red and Green Pens
- An Assortment of Yellow High Lighters
- A Case of Clorox Wipes…no kidding, unless there is a child allergic, teachers LOVE this item…we all want to be germ free!
- A Case of White Printer Paper
- A Packet of Assorted Construction Paper
These are just a few items we would recommend here at Unlock the Teacher. However, we would love to hear your favorite items that you have received. Please post in our comment section or email us at email@example.com and I will post for all our parents and teachers to read. Collaboration is what education is all about!
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!
May we continue to seek knowledge in all things,